- o Major features (directory mirrors):
- - Include an opt-in trial list of Default Fallback Directories in
- "Tor has included a feature to fetch the initial consensus from nodes
- other than the authorities for a while now. We just haven't shipped a
- list of alternate locations for clients to go to yet.
- Reasons why we might want to ship tor with a list of additional places
- where clients can find the consensus is that it makes authority
- reachability and BW less important.
- We want them to have been around and using their current key, address,
- and port for a while now (120 days), and have been running, a guard,
- and a v2 directory mirror for most of that time."
- We exclude BadExits and tor versions that aren't recommended.
- We include an IPv6 address for each FallbackDir (#8374).
- (Tor might not use IPv6 fallbacks until #6027 is merged.)
- The unit test ensures that we successfully load all included
- default fallback directories.
- Closes ticket #15775. Patch by "teor".
- OnionOO script by "weasel", "teor", "gsathya", and "karsten".