- To build an XPI that is suitable for Babelzilla, do the following:
- patch -p0 < no-english.diff
- chmod +x makexpi.sh
- cd pkg/
- You should see:
- file torbutton-1.2.0rc1.xpi
- pkg/torbutton-1.2.0rc1.xpi: Zip archive data, at least v1.0 to extract
- This is to work around the fact that an xpi requires empty strings for
- incomplete translations or the formatting of various dialogs will be broken.
- Furthermore, Babelzilla doesn't know an english string from a Japanese string
- and simply records translations as matching strings. The XPI resulting from
- the above build process will be ready for Babelzilla but should not be used by
- anyone else.